Teacher of Maths (suitable for NQT’s) – required for September 2022
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational, and hard working Teacher of Maths to join our committed and dedicated team for September 2022 for a Fixed Term of 12 months. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher with a love of their subject to join St Francis Xavier’s College.
The Maths department at the College is an outstanding team of professionals who achieve excellent results. We value challenge, active participation and motivation. This is a real opportunity to join a vibrant team that is forward thinking and high achieving. The department is a positive, high achieving, forward thinking department who believe that every child can achieve in Mathematics.
The successful applicant will be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner and is expected to be able to teach Maths across the ability and age range. In addition, we are looking for the following qualities in the successful applicant:
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments in the subject and their implications
- Good knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking
- Good understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of achievement
- Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
- Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
- A passion for education and making a difference
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour
- Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours
Applications from NQT’s are welcome and the ability to teach A Level Maths and Further Maths is desirable, although not essential.
For further information and school visits please contact [email protected]
Forward completed applications to: [email protected]
Closing date for applications Thursday 19th May 2022 at 12.00 Noon
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th May 2022
Safeguarding of our pupils is a priority
All posts are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) and will be subject to an enhanced DBS certificate with a children’s barred list check. You will also be required to complete a criminal self-disclosure form if you are short-listed for the post.’