Teacher of Humanities – (History & Geography) – required for September 2022
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Main Pay Range/Upper Pay Range: Suitable for ECT
St Francis Xavier’s College, founded in 1842, is a Catholic Converter Academy with a co-educational Sixth Form with a strong academic tradition and 1000 pupils across KS3/4. The Sixth Form has strong collaborative links with partner schools across the city.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, experienced, inspirational, highly motivated Teacher of Humanities specialising in History & Geography. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and inspirational teacher with a love of their subject to join The College.
The successful applicant will be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner and is expected to be able to teach History and Geography across the ability and age range.
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments in the subject and their implications;
- Good knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking;
- Good understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of
- Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
- Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
- A passion for education and making a difference;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour
- Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours
Site visits are welcome, to arrange one please email [email protected]
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975
(2013 and 2020) and will be subject to an enhanced DBS certificate with a children’s barred
list check. You will also be required to complete a criminal self-disclosure form if you are
short-listed for the post.’