The De La Mennais Brothers were founded in 1819 by two Breton priests, Frs. Jean-Marie De La Mennais and Gabriel Deshayes. Their mission is to educate the young and “make Jesus Christ better known and loved”. They currently have Brothers and schools in 26 countries.
The Brothers are the Trustees of SFX and have been involved here since the early 1960s, taking over the running of the school from the Jesuits in 1974.