St Francis Xavier’s College
Woolton Hill Road
Tel: 0151 288 1000
School Business Manager. Start date 15.04.2024 or soon after.
St Francis Xavier’s College, founded in 1842, is a Catholic Converter Academy with a co-educational Sixth Form with a strong academic tradition and 1000 pupils across KS3/4. The Sixth Form has strong collaborative links with partner schools across the city.
The school is seeking to appoint a highly skilled School Business Manager who shares our school Catholic values and ethos. Responsibilities include being in charge of school operations overseeing School Finances, HR, Administration, IT and Premises management.
As the role is integral to the strategic leadership of the school, you must be a confident leader who can function well as part of a team, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, have a ‘can-do’ attitude, be highly organised and have the ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
It is an exciting time for us as we join St Joseph’s Catholic Multi Academy Trust in Spring 2024 www.sjcmat.co.uk SFX will be a part of a wider family of Catholic schools, with support from the Trust central team. The job description reflects the role of the School Business Manager within a Multi Academy Trust.
- Sound experience of financial management and budgetary control in schools or equivalent
- Experience of ICT and Arbor
- A good understanding and knowledge of Human Resources Management and payroll
- An understanding of facilities management including Health and Safety
- An ability to identify, research, develop, cost and implement new initiatives
- An ability to secure funding through researching and applying for resources
- A high degree of motivation and be fully committed to work in a school environment
- The expectation to contribute to the life of the school
- The skills to promote a positive image of the school through your work
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A commitment to support your professional development
- A role in a school that has a clear vision
- A supportive and inclusive staff environment
If you believe that you have the energy, passion, resilience and drive to be part of our positive journey we would love to have you on our team.
Early applications are strongly encouraged and visits to the School are welcomed.
Please visit our website for details and application form at
For further information and school visits please contact
Forward completed applications to: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st March 2024 at 12.00pm
Shortlisting: Friday 1st March 2024
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 7th March 2024
Safeguarding of our pupils is a priority
All posts are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) and will be subject to an enhanced DBS certificate with a children’s barred list check. You will also be required to complete a criminal self-disclosure form if you are short-listed for the post.’