St Francis Xavier’s College provides all 6th Form students with high quality impartial careers guidance that aims to provide them with enough information to make informed post-18 choices. Further enrichment opportunities include:
- Joining the Prefect team
- CISI Business Diploma -equivalent to an A/S Level, this takes place outside of the College on Wednesday afternoons
- Paired Reading/writing – working in conjunction with our SEN department students have the opportunity to help New Year 7 intake with their reading and/or writing skills
- Paired maths – 6th Form maths students help Yr 11 maths pupils on a 1-1 basis in preparation for their GCSE’s
- Liverpool Scholars Programme – offers Year 12 students the chance to take part in a range of activities aimed at supporting their entry into higher education and preparing them for university, such as application guidance masterclasses, lectures and academic key skills workshops.
- D of E – both Silver and Gold Awards are offered in the 6th Form.
- 1842- all year 12 students partake in 1842 minutes of volunteering.
- Pathways to Law – Delivered by the University of Liverpool partnered with The Sutton Trust to support students aspiring to a career in law; Students will participate in a programme of legal workshops and undertake a week’s work experience placement with a Liverpool law firm as part of the programme.
- Apprenticeship roadshow – The Autumn event is in affiliation with the University of Liverpool and will feature universities, apprenticeships providers and colleges. This provides students with a complete range of options for their post 18 education and career choices.
- Oxbridge Masterclass Workshops – Preparing for applications to competitive universities. Aimed at supporting students in applying to Oxbridge and highly competitive early entry courses.
- Trips – Students have the opportunity to participate in trips and expeditions during 6th Form. In the past expeditions have gone to Peru and Costa Rica, in addition to trips to Spain, France, Japan, Haiti, Brittany, Cologne, Senegal, Indonesia.
Specialist support is also provided to students and parents. The UCAS programme provides the opportunity to visit universities and meet university admissions tutors from a range of institutions. Students are offered extensive support with the university application process by a dedicated and experienced team. Parents are also invited to presentations about UCAS and Student Finance delivered by the Director of 6th Form so that they are fully informed and able to effectively support the process.